Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Perfect Ten

$500 + $60 NLH

Doug Rosen (New York, NY)

Doug Rosen (New York, NY) takes a few moments before chowing down to tell me how in ten minutes he just went from two gray 5,000 dollar chips all the way up to 257,000.

"I had 120,000 at the bubble and just kept folding. My friends were making fun of me because I've been folding all day. Two's...Four's...I'd fold" said Doug.

In previous deepstacks, Doug has witnessed others come back from one or two chips and wanted to give himself a chance. That strategy paid off.

All within ten minutes (less than one orbit) :

1. Doug's K-Q all in against A-10. Doug gets a full house.

2. The very next hand: Doug's A-10 vs. Q-10. Both all-in pre. A-10 holds up.

3. Two hands later: Opponent raises to 27,000. Doug shoves with A-Q and Opponent folds.

4. Two hands later: Opponent opens for 40,000. Doug shoves with Q-Q and Opponent folds.

With the Phillies/Yankees on most Borgata Poker Room TV screens, Rosen is playing dugout Poker. From two chips, impressively he "Doug" himself out of a big hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment