Friday, June 11, 2010

Whoa!

$200 + $30 (NL)

Flippin' Between Films & the Felt

It's an image you don't necessarily need to see, but it's something you really need to see. David "Flip" Filippi (New York, NY) has been in the film and tv industry for nearly 20 years, but it's this 15 second commercial for Ice Breakers Sours gum two years ago that put him on the map.

"They needed a fat, hairy guy, so I got the part," says Filippi, who's done everything from acting, to stunts to directing.

As a cab driver he drove the Sex and the City gals around New York in the first film, on Law & Order: Criminal Intent Filippi was shot in the head, and he had a part in Carlito's Way: Rise to Power, along with directorial credits. But it's the zebra Speedo that gets him noticed.

"When people find out it's me, they say I ruined their dinners," he says in between hands of Event 1 of the Borgata Summer Open. "One guy said, 'you were in my house, you violated me.'"

Filippi plays poker recreationally and is a regular for the Borgata Friday $30,000 guarantee tournaments. He's hoping for bigger and better things both at the tables and on the big screen.

"I want to keep up with the acting, but wouldn't mind being a poker pro either."

Filippi's younger brother Amnon is a rising poker pro who has more than $2.5 million in tournament earnings. "He's been on tv more than me and I'm an actor," says Filipppi as he nurses a short stack in this opening event.



No comments:

Post a Comment