Monday, June 14, 2010

End of Day 1B

$500 + $60 NL

Weeks Playing Strong

Players are bagging and tagging after completing 12 levels for the day. The unofficial Day 1B chip leader is Dave Weeks (San Diego, CA) who finishes with 318k.

"I ran well and am really happy with how I played," says the 25 year old pro. "My post flop reads were good and that's pretty much what got me where I am."

One of Weeks' more notable hands came late in the day when he turned a straight with 4 5. After checking the turn, he says he checked the river when an ace hit the board. "He was a real good player and I thought he'd make a thin value bet."

Weeks' read pays off as his opponent bets 12k into a 15k pot. After feigning a tank, Weeks' reraises to 40k and eventually gets a call. "If I bet there he probably just calls, so I got the most out of it."

Weeks is a Montclair, NJ native and back on the East Coast for a wedding. The trip is allowing him to spend the week playing in the Borgata Summer Poker Open. "If I go deep here, that's great," says Weeks, "but there's still a lot of poker to be played."

126 players remain from Day 1B and they'll join the 55 left from Sunday's Day 1A. The chip leader heading into the Day 2 Final is Nikolay Volper who has 405k and Weeks' should be in second place when play resumes 2 pm Tuesday.




No comments:

Post a Comment