Monday, June 14, 2010

Poker Profile - "Suits" Salters


Name: James Salters
Town: Lakeview, NY
Age: 52

Nicknames: Suits

Occupation: Real Estate Investor

Family: Wife, 3 children (2 daughters, 1 son)




Poker Start
: I knew the game casually, but the day Moneymaker won the Main Event (2003), I logged onto Party Poker and I've been hooked every since.

Best Poker Moment: Winning a WSOP Circuit Event ring in Las Vegas.

Best Borgata Moment: Cashing in the 2008 Winter Open $5k Event (14th - $14,630). Also in the money were Tom "durrrr" Dwann & Erick Lindgren.

Favorite Movie : The Five Heartbeats (1991 musical drama)

Fictional Character that Best Represents Style of Play: Batman, because I play under the darkness of night

Who Would Play You in a Movie: Robert Townsend, who was the lead in The Five Heartbeats, people say I look like him

Player Would Most Like to Face Heads-Up:
Phil Ivey, because I'm always trying to get better and who better to learn from then the best?

What People Should Know:

* At 19 years-old, my oldest daughter was the youngest Duke graduate in her 2007 class

* My "middle child," as she likes to call herself, finished her undergrad and masters degree from the University of Pennsylvania in 4 years (2010)

* As a high school sophomore, my son has mastered every instrument in the band and is going to college for music, not academics like his sisters

Quote to Live By: "Treat others as you'd like them to treat you."

Interesting Nugget:
As a University of Pennsylvania basketball star, played in the 1979 Final Four against the Magic Johnson led Michigan State team. He was the team MVP the following year and is member of the Big 5 Hall of Fame

No comments:

Post a Comment