Sunday, June 20, 2010

Jonestown

$300 + $50 Omaha H/L

Engelbert & Jones

After finishing 9th in the Pot Limit Omaha tournament two days ago, Mark Jones (Philadelphia, PA) is looking for another Borgata Summer Poker Open cash in the high/low version of the game.

"I'm a more cautious player," says Jones, "so this is my better game." Comparing PLO to H/L, Jones likes that you can see more cards without risking as many chips in this game. "Earlier today I had the best hand, but it only cost me one big bet. If it had been PLO, I would've been been bet off the hand because he was representing something better than what he had.

Jones has 13k as players are back from break. Sitting to his right is Glenn Engelbert (Gloucester Twp., NJ) who has 17k. "No big hands," he says, "nothing really."

Jones says he hopes to have a better run of cards than the did in PLO. "I was happy to make the money," he says. "I was lucky to get as far as I did."

Level 7 (200/400) is underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment