Monday, June 28, 2010

Crazy Chop

$2000 +$200 Deep Stack No Limit Hold'em
Championship Event Day 3

All the big hands continue to emanate from table 3 and this time it's Jai Liu initiating the action with an 80k button raise. Ed Corrado, who hasn't played a hand for two hours, shoves all-in for nearly 200k.

Tyng Low calls from the BB and barely covers Corrado, putting the action back on Liu, who goes in the tank.

All three players are on their feet as Liu ponders a call that will decimate his stack. "I hope you guys have the same hand," says Liu, adding. "If I call, whoever wins is going to be the chip leader."

Liu eventually says, "I'm better than that, I fold," tabling J J.

Corrado: 6
6
Tyng: A K

After seeing the board run out, Liu's a bit queasy.

Flop: 7 10 8
Turn: 6 (set for Corrado)
River: 9

There's a straight on the board helping Tyng earn a chop with Corrado. If Liu calls, his jack plays for a higher straight and he takes everything. "I can't call there," says Liu, "I have to assume, one of those guys has me crushed."

No comments:

Post a Comment