Saturday, June 19, 2010

Event 9: Pugliese Takes it Down

$300 + $50 PLO

Frank Pugliese (West Patterson, NJ)
PLO Champion - $8,046

After some crazy and erratic play four handed, Frank Pugliese finally takes down the Event 9- PLO Championship of the Borgata Summer Poker Open.

Pugliese bets pot with K-J-8-9 and is in real trouble against Kevin Wolbach's K-K-6-7, but when the board runs out 5-J-10-J-Q, the queen high straight gives Pugliese the championship.

"It was a great tournament," says, Pugliese who takes home $8,046 for first place. "At the final table all the short stacks kept doubling up, so I'm glad I was able to outlast them."

For Wolbach it's his first live PLO tournament and is thrilled with finishing second, "I loved the structure and I loved the play," Wolbach says while cashing for $4,368. "I was short stacked early in the day, tightened up and here I am."

Kevin Wolbach (Macungie, PA)
2nd Place - $4,368

No comments:

Post a Comment